Library Planning Committee
Scope of work/Charter: To facilitate effective communication and cooperation between the Renton Technical College library and the students, staff and faculty; to assist the Library in its development of collections, services, and relevant policies that advance Renton Technical College’s commitment to academic growth and excellence.
More specifically, the library advisory committee is charged with the following items:
1. Advising on responses to challenges of library material.
2. Advising on collection development (including adding to and removing from the Library Resource Center’s collection).
3. Advising on revisions to procedures and/or policies.
4. Advising on programming, improvements, budget, and strategic goals of the library.
5. Evaluating the effectiveness of the Library Resource Center and how well it is meeting its goals and the goals of the college.
6. Interpreting data gathered to help drive programming, resources and the library environment.
7. Raising library visibility by disseminating information about resources that support academic and lifelong learning, and promote information competency.
1 - Library director
1 – Administrator/Dean/Director
2 - Library staff (1 faculty librarian and 1 classified support staff)
3-5 - Full-time or part-time faculty from various areas of interest
1 - Classified staff
1 - Staff from Institutional Research
1 – ASG representative (Staff or Student)
1 – Community representative from local public library (KCLS)